Last Updated: 08 March 2017
Summer Swim Registration Fees and Refund Policy
There are two components to the summer swim team registration fee:
- RSTA registration fee of $190 per swimmer
- RA Pool Use Fee
RSTA Registration Fee
- This is a per-swimmer fee for up to three eligible swimmers in the family. There is no swimmer fee for the 4th (or additional) swimmer in the family.
- Registration fee is waived for swimmers hired as a 2017 RSTA coach
- Refunds are only given for a team over capacity, major medical emergencies and relocation of residence of more than 50 miles.
RA Pool Use Fee
Reston Association (RA) grants Reston Swim Team Association (RSTA) use of their aquatic facilities for practices and swim meets. As part of the agreement between RA and RSTA, RSTA agrees to collect pool use fees from RSTA families that participate on one of our teams, but do not join the pools owned by RA. When families register for summer swim teams, they will be asked to select their status with RA in order to pay the appropriate 2015 pool usage fee for their family.
Here are the status categories:
- RA Member (owner or renter of property within RA limits) and:
- has already purchased pool passes for all RSTA swimmers for the 2017 season
- plans to purchase pool passes for the 2017 season (and is required to complete the purchase by May 1st)
- Non-RA member and:
- will pay the $80 per swimmer RA pool usage fee ($160 per family maximum) along with RSTA registration
- has already purchased non-member passes from Reston Association for the 2017 season (RA pool usage fee is waived for non-member pass holders)
- plans* to purchase non-member passes from Reston Association for the 2017 season (and is required to complete the purchase by May 1st)
* Non-members who register with RSTA prior to purchasing passes are eligible for a discounted pass from Reston Association so long as the purchase is made in person and proof of RSTA registration is provided.
RSTA Refund Policy
RSTA's refund policy is structured to reflect the league's limited space combined with its popularity within the community.
Refund guidelines for Summer 2017 are as follows:
- A full (100%) refund will only be issued in the event of team over capacity, a major medical emergency, or the relocation of a swimmer's residence to more than 50 miles away.
- If any swimmer withdraws before May 23rd, 2017 (one week before the first practice), a 50% refund will be granted.
- If any swimmer withdraws after May 23rd, 2017 (one week before the first practice), NO REFUND will be granted.
- Exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis for medical refunds and significant moves/transfers.
- ALL Refunds will be subject to a $25 administration fee.
RSTA wishes to make the swim team experience available to as many families in our community as possible and we do not wish financial constraints to impede a family's ability to participate. Therefore, RSTA considers providing financial assistance to families based on need, and the league's ability to fund requests.
If you wish to be considered for financial aid, we will ask you to submit a confidential application with evidence that you qualify for one of the following assistance programs:
- Fairfax County School Free/Reduced-Price Meals (FRPL), i.e. school lunch program
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), i.e. food stamps